notes,scribbles,bubbles,visions,hallucinations and what have you

Thursday, June 03, 2004

my grandmom and me
my grandma is 81. she could be 91, i dont want to ask. she and me we have been running this race off late. there is a daily prize at stake. the winner lays claim to the sloth jackpot; an unending supply of free tv time, watching clouds, listening to music, talking to oneself, reading, guzzling tea, chatting, leaving permanent tush patterns on the couch and staring vacantly at strangers.
i need another showcase at the rate im going.
she is agonised at losing and the leaden victory laps i do around her don't help either.
this morning i want to put the smile back on her face.
i awake at 6. a sense of purpose greets me, i feel new energy pouring into every cell of my body, a larger than life atmosphere bathes me, i greet the sun-god when he makes his appearance.
its the world cup qualifiers on ten sports.
brazil vs argentina.
ronaldo is sublime. his feet are magic, the defence throws confetti as he waltzes past them.
three times he's brought down in the box. three times he slickly slots to make ball and net mate.he smiles a toothy "i'm orgasmically happy smile" to the brazilian faithful as they burst into rapture.
sambaaaah
the tush dimple on my couch just got further etched.
hmmmm....wonder if my granny fancies football too.

|
 
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com